2 detachable compartment of a spacecraft
3 computer circuit consisting of an assembly of electronic components (as of computer hardware)
4 a self-contained component (unit or item) that is used in combination with other components
- A self-contained component of a system, often interchangeable, which has a well-defined interface to the other components.
- A standard unit of measure used for determining the proportions of a building.
- A section of a program; a subroutine.
- A unit of education covering a single topic.
- A pre-prepared adventure scenario with related materials for a role-playing game.
- An abelian group.
K-module, module over K
A Module is a self-contained component of a system, which has a well-defined interface to the other components; something is modular if it includes or uses modules which can be interchanged as units without disassembly of the module. Design, manufacture, repair, etc. of the modules may be complex, but this is not relevant; once the module exists, it can easily be connected to or disconnected from the system.
Module may also refer to:
- Module (mathematics), in abstract algebra, a generalization of the notion of a vector space
- Module, in category theory, a generalization of the notions of relation and bimodule
- Modular form, in mathematics, certain analytic functions, used in number theory
- Modular representation theory, in mathematics, representing groups using complex numbers called characters
- Modular decomposition, in graph theory
- See also modulo, modulus and moduli space
- Ford Modular engine Ford's line of OHC V8 and V10 motors
- Module (equipment) - a complete subassembly of some sort which can be replaced in its entirety by an identical module or a different module
- The components of a modular space station such as the ISS or the Mir
- MCM (multi-chip module, an electronic part containing several sub-assemblies)
- Cotton module, a huge compacted square of unprocessed cotton about the size of a school bus
- Sound module, electronic musical instrument without a human interface
- A distinct scenario or adventure in role-playing games
- Modular Recordings, a record label
- Module (Musician), The solo project of New Zealand based Musician/Producer Jeramiah Ross
- NTC Module, a Russian R&D center Media:]
module in German: Modul
module in Estonian: Moodul
module in Spanish: Módulo
module in French: Module
module in Galician: Módulo
module in Italian: Modulo
module in Japanese: モジュール
module in Polish: Moduł
module in Russian: Модуль
module in Simple English: Modular
module in Finnish: Moduuli
module in Turkish: modül
module in Chinese: 模
Earth insertion, LEM, LM, apogee, article, attitude-control rocket, ballistic capsule, burn, capsule, deep-space ship, docking, docking maneuver, entity, ferry rocket, fuel ship, individual, injection, insertion, integer, item, lunar excursion module, lunar module, manned rocket, moon ship, multistage rocket, orbit, parking orbit, perigee, person, persona, point, reentry, rocket, shuttle rocket, single, singleton, soft landing, soul, space capsule, space docking, space rocket, spacecraft, spaceship, unit